Today after I got home from class Josh and I and our faithful companions, Matt and Angela, plus their dog Buddy headed up to Palomar Mountain for a day of fishing, BBQing, and relaxing. We also thought it would be cooler up in the mountains since it was in the high 90's here in Temecula and we didn't want to stick around to see if it would get hotter than that. After a long and VERY windy road we reached Doane Pond at almost the top of Palomar Mountain.
Here is where we set up camp. We could have used a little more shade but it was nice with two picnic tables and a BBQ.
Here is Matt, baiting his line and chewing on some straw (I think it's straw or maybe a weed)
Buddy couldn't wait to get out of the truck.
Angela taught me how to rummy which I ended up winning ("Beginner's luck", Angela said)
Josh grilled us an awesome lunch/dinner. I'm still full as I type this tonight.
The big catch of the day (and the only catch of the day).
The pond had these huge bullfrogs all around the edge of the water and they made these hilarious noises that echoed in the whole canyon. It sounded like they were all burping.
3 comments:
what a fun day trip! i have never been up there! i am glad that you four had a blast, and that at least one fish was caught!! :]
What a terrible wife, look at that burn he has!!!! Just kiddin B :) Looks like a fun day in the sun!
PS. I want that dog, give him to me!
PSS. You hair looks so cute when it is curly :)
Post a Comment