Saturday, September 27, 2008

Watch Out Martha Stewart!

So I might have a little bit of the Martha Stewart gene in me. Just kidding! Although, I have been pretty crafty lately. Awhile back, I got the idea that I wanted to add some color to our little living room, that I was a little tired of all the neutrals. So I went to the fabric store and decided to make some pillows. Mind you, I did not have a sewing machine, so I made these little babies from hand. They are finally done and I think they actually turned out okay (just don't look closely at the corners). 


After I had completed the pillows, my grandma gave me her sewing machine and I love it! Now that I have that I decided to be a little bit more ambitious in my sewing creations. Since we are the godparents of Matt and Angela's baby girl (due in December), I thought it was only fitting that I sew her a baby blanket. Big leap from pillows to baby blanket, I know! But I must say it has be turning out okay. See below.

The WONDERFUL sewing machine!


This is what our dining table has looked like for the past 3 weeks, poor Josh!


The front side of the blanket. 

Now I just have to sew the back part on and it should be finished. I can't wait to give it to Angela at her baby shower. I am usually so bad at keeping surprises but so far I haven't let this one go yet (but I did show Matt when he was over to watch football. In my defense he promised not to tell Angela). Once it is fully finished I will post pictures. Once I am done with this, I will have to think of a new project to work on. I thought of curtains for the house but maybe I should wait to we are actual in the house:)

2 comments:

Bob and Emily said...

Brittney Ann Bjork.....I mean...DeWall! I am so freakin proud of you, the pillows are adorable and the quilt...I don't even know what to say! It is so beautiful, was a perfect gift! Keep me updated on your sewing projects...I want to see MORE!!! Love you Martha!

Wells Family said...

I love them! The quilt/blanket is so cute!